Over the years of seeing literally hundreds and hundreds of different law firm websites and working in web design I’ve got a pretty good idea what makes a good or bad website. I’ve seen legal websites that look like they haven’t been updated since the late 90’s or earlier 2000’s and I’ve seen legal websites that are maintained by a team of people that will impress you the second you land on them. So, what separates the good from the bad? I’ve made a list of 7 elements that make a law firm website successful.
- Responsive Design. It’s 2017. If your website isn’t responsive/mobile friendly then you are losing customers. If a person is looking on their phone online for a personal injury law firm and they come upon your website and it’s made for a computer (not a phone) then they’re going to leave your website.
- Speed. People are impatient. They aren’t going to wait 7 seconds for your website to load. They’ll just press the back button and go to a competitor of yours. Make sure your website loads in under 3 seconds.
- Modern Design. This is a no-brainer. If you are looking to hire a lawyer are you going to hire the law firm who’s website looks like it was made in 1999 or the good looking modern website? Probably the good looking website that was designed recently and shows professionalism. You need to make a great first impression for potential clients. Is your website design more than three or four years old?
- Credibility. Do you have awards and experience noted prominently around your website? Most people probably don’t have any clue who your law firm is. Make sure to instill credibility and trust with them quickly to stand out from all the other law firms.
- Call To Action. The entire purpose of your firm’s website is for marketing to drive new clients, right? Your goal is to get those visitors who are on your website and convert them to new clients. If your call-to-action isn’t visible and prominent to the visitor they aren’t going to convert and call/email you. Bright/colorful buttons should be on each page with the same call-to-action like “Talk Now With a Lawyer” or “Get a Free Consultation”. That button should lead them to the contact us page. You also need to add the phone number of the law firm to each webpage several times in different places.
- Clarity. A website visitor should be able to quickly find what areas of law your firm practices. There should be a webpage for every single area of law your firm practices. Those pages need to be linked from the homepage and should be in the navigation bar for quick finding. It’s surprising how many law firms don’t achieve this simple task and it leaves the user confused and exiting the website.
- Testimonials. Client reviews are needed on your website to help instill trust with potential new clients that are surfing on your website and seeing if they should hire you. When they see multiple reviews from real clients about how good your firm is that will help them make their decision and call your law firm.
Time For a New Website…?
You probably already know the answer to this: is it time for a new website design for your law firm? Probably deep down you think it’s time but you don’t really want to go through the hassle of a new website for your law firm. Our agency is here to help you do that. We make the process hassle free and hands off. Fill out this quick contact form and we’ll arrange a time to talk on the phone with you about creating your stunning and impressive new law firm website.
About CoFlex Marketing
Our agency, CoFlex Marketing, works exclusively with law firms like yours across the United States to generate new cases by providing web design and Internet marketing services. Our work experience has significantly impacted the success of each marketing campaign and web design project resulting in satisfied and loyal clients. Let us show you what we can do to help your firm increase your case load. Let’s start working together so we can both grow together! Fill out this quick contact form and we’ll arrange a time to talk on the phone with you.